How To Cut Down on Heating and Cooling CostsMarch 18, 2016
3 Reasons to Make HVAC Maintenance a Spring Cleaning PriorityMay 4, 2016
Homeowners have so many things to be aware of. It’s important to spend enough time on every aspect of your home. They can’t cast some parts aside, leaving their issues unaddressed until there is a major problem.
Cooling and heating services are critical for every single home, no matter the location. When working with a general contractor who’s overseeing construction projects on your home, it’s important to make sure the amount of energy usage is discussed. These general contractors are experienced professionals who are very knowledgeable, but it never hurts to ask. There are a few things you should keep in mind about water heaters and air conditioner systems.
- Tankless water heaters are a great option for homeowners. Usually, tankless water heaters produce hot water at a rate of two to five gallons every minute.
- In houses where 41 gallons or less of hot water are used daily, tankless water heaters can be up to 34% more energy efficient than conventional water heaters with a storage tank.
- Heating water counts for up to 30% of an average home’s energy budget. Tankless water heaters can lower your utility bill if used properly.
- Tankless water heaters have a life expectancy, on average, of more than 20 years.
- Air conditioners are a necessity in many parts of the United States. About two-thirds of all homes have at least one air conditioner in them.
- U.S. homeowners spend more than $11 billion each year on air conditioner costs. If you regularly keep up with air conditioner maintenance, it will help you save money and help your air conditioner run efficiently.
- Using high-efficiency air conditioners could not only keep your home at a cool temperature, but it can also reduce energy use and energy cost by 20 to 50%.
Heating and cooling should not be overlooked. Make sure to consult with an experienced general contractor before installation to ensure your heating and cooling systems are being installed in the correct locations and are as energy-efficient as possible.
There is a lot of stress that comes with being a homeowner. But being proactive about every aspect of your home and keeping up with proper maintenance can help you stay on top of everything. Enjoy your home!